Thanks to all of you that attended our last GSR meeting. It was awesome! Here are the key points.
• Thanks to Ari U. for his service as our registration /directory chair for well over 2 years. We would like to welcome Marvin M. to the committee. He will be taking over from Ari.
• The district is in need a new webmaster. If you have experience and you are interested in this commitment, please come to our next meeting.
• The annual CMA World Conference will be held in New York City from March 4th – 7th, 2010. Registration is $75.00 and there are hotel rooms available for $139.00 per night at The Gem Hotel (price good until Jan. 20th, 2010). Go to crystalmeth.org for more information.
• All committees are in need of volunteers. Volunteering is a great way to be of service and to give back to your community. If you are interested, go to cmainla.com and send a message to the chairman of the committee you would like to be a part of.
• Roger D. - Information & outreach: The next post card distribution day to get the word out about the help line will be noon on Tuesday January 26 at Plummer Park. Those who would like to be of service, please come out. Roger expressed that he really can use help on this committee. Please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the crew.
• Bob P. - Helpline: It’s a new year and it’s time to take the helpline to the next level. We will be having a training day and signing people up to answer the help line. The helpline is currently being manned by one person and the time has come to expand. This is a great commitment and quite possibly one of the most important commitments. Information about the upcoming training will be available in the next week or so.
• Marvin M. - Registration/Directory: The winter 2010 directory is here. It can be viewed and printed online at cmainla.com. There are physical copies for your meetings. They are available for twenty cents a copy at our monthly GSR meeting. If a meeting is low on funds, the district will cover the cost.
• Dale G. - Events: By our next GSR meeting there full scope of upcoming events including retreats, dances, pool parties and skate nights.
• Victor D. & Donald L. - H&I report: If you do not have an H&I Liaison, please talk to your secretaries about adding this commitment and appointing someone to take it. H&I are always looking for people with 5 years or more that would like to speak on panels at the jails. In the last month five people were cleared to speak on CMA Jail Panels.
Our committee will be helping to start H&I in Long Beach.
If you are interested in speaking on a panel, please attend the next meeting of H&I on Saturday February 13, 2010, at 1pm at the WEHO D&A Center 626 N. Robertson Blvd. Weho CA 90069.
• Kurt T. - Chips/Literature: Chips & literature are always available at each GSR meeting. The little burgundy edition of the big book is available for $2.00 apiece. There are 7 approved pieces of literature, directories and newcomer packets for our district. If you need these items you can come to the meeting or alert your GSR’s. If you notice that literature tables at your meetings are low on CMA literature, please talk to your literature person, secretary and GSR about obtaining these items.
• Meetings that need support are:
Monday: Steering Clear 12:00pm @ 5715 Broadway in downtown Los Angeles.
Saturday: Step into the Solution 9:10am @ The Village 1125 N. McCadden Pl.
Saturday: Crystal Clear 2:30pm @ The Weho D&A Center 626 N. Robertson Blvd.
Saturday: Milestones 7:00pm @ 10544 Downey Ave. in Downey
Saturday: There is a Solution 4:30pm @1403 E 4th St. Long Beach
Sunday: Stepping Forward 4:30pm @1403 E 4th St. Long Beach
Sunday: Gracious Methers 4pm @West L.A. Alano Club 11530 W. Pico Blvd.
• The next GSR meeting is on Saturday February 13, 2010 @10am Plummer Park 7377 Santa Monica Blvd. West Hollywood.
Yours in Service,